Do you ever find yourself craving tasty, carb-loaded treats? Something feel missing without those forbidden foods?
If you’re like us then a warm, gooey pizza is at the top of the list. Well worry not… with a little creativity we can turn any unhealthy classic into a keto-approved meal.
This simple keto recipe trades traditional white flour for mozzarella and cream cheese for a flaky, crispy crust that will leave you shocked it’s not the real thing. We’ve tried every low-carb crust from cauliflower to coconut to egg to and nothing compares to this recipe.
The dough is simple – all you need is 4 ingredients and a microwave. It’s ready in 20 minutes and perfect if you’re on a busy schedule.
And the best part is that once you’ve learned the dough, you can make any pizza you dream of. Classic pepperoni, margherita, barbeque chicken, – just about any toppings will work with this recipe (just not Hawaiian!).
For today’s recipe, we’ve taken a breakfast pizza twist on this classic keto pizza recipe. The gooey burrata, crunchy asparagus, and rich prosciutto make this an irresistible – and nutritious – keto delight.
What’s your favorite pizza recipe? Let us know in the comments.
The Recipe: Keto Breakfast Pizza with Burrata, Prosciutto and Asparagus
- 1 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 Tbsp cream cheese
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1 egg
- 2 egg
- 1 can whole tomatoes
- Italian prosciutto
- Whipped burrata
- Cracked black pepper
- Red Pepper Flakes
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees
2. Combine mozzarella and cream cheese in bowl and microwave for 1 minute. Stir and microwave for 30 seconds more.
3. Add egg and almond flour and stir until a dough forms.
4. Use your hands to spread the dough on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. For personal pan style, make two smaller crusts from this recipe. Make sure to spray the paper with a bit oil to prevent sticking!
5. Poke holes in crust with a fork before baking for 8 minutes
6. Take crust out and add toppings (except the prosciutto!). Drain 1/2 of each egg white before putting on top
7. Bake 12-14 more minutes, until cheese has melted and the crust is a golden brown
8. Lightly season with cracked pepper, red pepper flakes and add the prosciutto 🤩
9. Serve alongside an iced Keto Coffee.
Slice and enjoy!
To your health,
Ben & Brandon